Achieving my weight loss goal


Ever since I started college and packed on the freshmen 15 pounds, I have been trying to lose weight. It has been a war with some battles, I have won.  I lost over 30 -40 pounds. But, when I sustained a lower back injured, I gained all of it back, plus some. This time is going to be different. I know many of us say that and every time, we try to lose weight we tend to fail. But this time, it will be different, because I will be writing a blog about it. That’s right, for the first time in my weight lost journey, I am not only chronicling it but I also, sharing it. And hopefully, we can draw strength and hope from each other and achieve our weight lost goals. So, here we go one, two, and three: here comes the new me.

            The first step in my weight lost plan was to find a work out plan that I would stick too. I started with walking my neighborhood track and for five to eight miles. After I finished each mile, I would jump rope a 100 times and do arm curls with the hand weights. This was all well and good, in fact, just doing this alone without any change in my diet, I lost about eight pounds. I started searching for new ways to lose more weight. So I decided to join the local YMCA. I joined but found that because of my mother’s birthday and winter holidays that I gained back, about five -six lbs. Then by the end of January, I lost six pounds, just to put it back on again because I fell for the diet pills hype that promise me, I would lose 20 pounds in two weeks. 

            So after I stop taking the diet pills, I got the common cold that turned into one of the nastiest version of the flu bug, I had an epiphany. I realized that I had already known how to lose weight.  My only problem was consistence. So instead of taking short cuts, I decided to do Nutrisystem diet system. It has worked for me, in the past and I figure it could work for me again.  I plan to buy it from QVC store because it is cheaper. On QVC the 28 day program cost $176.0 a month, compared to the $238. from Nutrisystem website. I also went back to the gym, on at least 2-4 times a week and started swimming again.

            I have decided in order to keep my sanity about losing weight that I was not going to be a “scale hog”. This means I am not going to weigh myself every day to see if I lost a pound or not. This time around it is going to be different, for this time, I am losing weight for me and only me. I am not losing weight to get or kept a man, to meet my mother’s standards on how I should look, or to even feel better about myself. I am losing the weight for me and I am doing this with the goal in mind, that the extra weight does not make me nothing but unhealthy.  I have to stop comparing myself to famous celebrities and weight loss champions, who get paid to lose a huge amount of weight in a small amount of time. I think that, women put too much significance on our weight and not enough on who we are as individual which I think is a real shame, for we don’t realize that we are teaching unhealthy body images to young girls.  Not every women is cut out to be a size zero or two and that it is okay to be a size six or twelve, as long as you are healthy. This is what we need to drive home to anyone consistent man, women or child, what weight loss is truly about practicing a healthy diet and active lifestyle.

            What is my exercise and diet routine? Well the answer is drinking Nutrisystem protein shakes for the next 28 days and following a strict exercise schedule, which includes rocking climbing, swimming, kick boxing and body pump classes.  I have also decided to take a fat burning pill called NV diet pills. I know what you are thinking that I fell for it again, but these pills have helped me lose about 15 pounds in the past so I think that is worth a try. On top of this I have decided to exercise at home before I go tot the gym with my Walk five Miles workout DVD.

            Even though my diet success story has just start or restarted depending on the angle you are looking at it is my hope that by the end of March, I would have lost some weight although, if you want to know how much weight I have lost, then tune in, for my second of my weight loss story, at the end of March. Until then, I wish all who are taking the weight lost journey with me the best of luck. I will update you on my weight loss story at the end of March “Go Weight Lost Gladiators”!


 Reported by
Nadia Johnson
Blogger/Reporter
March 21, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment